Skip to main content

Project 1 Brainstorming Blog Post

Part 1 Due On 1/30

Project 1 Brainstorming Blog Post:

  • Look at student work and artists listed below, choose at least one to respond to. Use these examples as inspiration for this assignment.
  • Written brainstorm responding to the questions outlined below.
  • Your sketch/map should be posted to your blog before class with clear written explanations if visuals are unclear.
  • Bring preliminary images to start working with (these may not end up being your final images so don't spend a lot of time processing them before brainstorming discussions).
  • Who are you and how does your artistic practice reflect that identity? 
    • still learning who I am - I think my identity is hard to define because I think strongly associate identity with career goals and aspirations.  I think this has been ingrained heavily growing up with emphasis on school. 
    • I think my artistic practice tends to strive for balance and minimalist, yet my brain can get very jumbled and chaotic.  My art is better translates what I want to convey while my many thoughts stays in my brain
  • How does your presence on social media reflect that identity? 
    • My social media presence is definitely the polished and more "hyped" up version of myself.  As I think most people would agree with.  I tend to post things that do not make me vulnerable or oversharing.  I like to share things I think people will want to see/
  • How do your friends reflect that identity? 
    • My friends are very open and accepting people.  I think they all have differing interests and that keeps me on my toes - always learning and exploring with them 
  • How do your values reflect that identity?
    • If I am being completely honest, I think my values are not quite set in stone - I think I am still having new experiences that test my values and I tend to be very situational.  Therefore leads to unpredictable actions at times. As I experience new things, I definitely "live and learn" and have developed stronger values such as wanted to always make people feel welcomed and not thinking negative thoughts of others or putting others down for self gain.  
  • Is there a difference between your internal and external self?
    • Yes, I obviously don't share all my thoughts, however, I think I try to be pretty transparent with people nowadays.  But, I also can beat around the bush and my message may not always come across in a clear manner. 
  • How do you present an image that communicates your personality?
    • With an open mind and open to interpretation 
    • There are many answers 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Response 1: Nice to Meet You

Who are you? Allyson Yu, freshman college student. Foodie and fashion enthusiast Where are you from? Reading, Pa Do you have a preferred pronoun? she/her Tell me something about yourself? I have a "shorkie" named Benji (Yorkie and Shih Tzu).  I like hiking! What is your major? A double major in Biology and Visual Studies What kind of art do you like to make (share an image)? I like to sew, draw, and upcycle clothing! computer-drawn drawings Embroidered tree with CD leaves Bomber Jacket  What apps/programs on the phone or computer do you use most frequently and what for? Snapchat and Instagram for social purposes (connect with friends, inspiration, pass time), gmail, google docs, sheets, slides, etc for school and work, camera for photos, Spotify for music and podcasts, youtube for inspiration and laughs, recently tik toks for occasionally silly study breaks Who is one of your favorite visual artists Andy Warhol Who is your favorite musician (share

Healthy Smoothie Tutorial!

1) How do you feel about the overall outcome of this piece in relation to your art making process? Overall, I feel okay with the outcome.  I like the idea of peering into a microscope as the perspective, and I think I include a lot of elements of my life, but I do not feel the piece overall is cohesive.  I think there would be a different more effective way of narrating my message.  2) In what way did you integrate your personal art practice into this project?  I integrated my personal art into this piece by putting my own drawings in the paint palette and in the smoothie fabric as well as some of my fashion pieces made floating around in the fabric and spoon.  My chemistry lab notebook, as well as bacteria experiment, are also featured  3) How did you challenge yourself creatively, conceptually and/or technically  in the making of this piece?  I challenged myself creatively and conceptually by trying to showcase how at odds I am with my majors and two very different int